NOTICE OF COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
TO ESTABLISH AN ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR DUTY
WITH THE ST. BERNARD SERVICE DEPARTMENT
AS A LABORER
EXAMINATION DATE: Saturday, April 23, 2022
PLACE & TIME: 120 Washington Ave. St. Bernard Municipal Building, Lower Level (Teen Center)
120 Washington Ave.
(Examination will take approx. 2 Hours)
Applications will be accepted at City Hall
beginning April 4, 2022 through April 15, 2022
Monday through Friday 9AM - 5PM
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT PRIOR TO APRIL 4TH AT 9:00 AM.
A NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE OF $15.00 WILL BE CHARGED WHEN
YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION IS RETURNED TO CITY HALL.
FOR THE APPLICATION:
1. The applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
2. The applicant must be a high school graduate.
3. The applicant must have a valid Ohio Driver's license.
4. Veterans must attach a copy of proof of uniformed duty with the application
(DD214 or Honorable Discharge Certificate).
5. Anyone 18 years of age may apply to take the examination.
6. Returned application will be time-stamped by the Village Clerk to determine any tie- breakers in scoring exams.
FOR THE EXAMINATION:
1. The Civil Service Commission reserves the right to conduct a lottery drawing to select
those applicants who will qualify for the exam test.
2. The applicant must present photo- identification for admission to the examination facility.
3. Veterans must present the original proof of having served uniformed service on the day of the examination to be eligible for Military Service credit.
4. Passing grade for this examination will be 70%, not including military points.
5. Credit for prior experience is not given for entry level examinations.
AFTER THE EXAMINATION:
1. Applicant must be willing to submit to the following: Background Check, Personal Interview, and Physical Examination.